Thursday, September 12, 2002, 8:33:26 AM, you wrote:

GS> Hello Lou,

GS> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, at 10:06:04 GMT -0400 (9/11/02, 9:06 AM -0500 GMT
GS> here), you wrote in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

LY>> SysCmdr is not really needed unless you want to boot Linux, etc.
LY>> or want to use multiple primary partitions, hiding the unused ones.

GS> If I want to hide unused primary partitions, then it sounds like SC7 is
GS> the way to go.

That would be my choice. On one NT network I care for, I use a
"maintenance" partiton to do backups. In that case I use primary
partitions for both systems. I have since decided that it is easier to
just install the maintenance OS in a logical drive and make a boot
diskette in case the primary partition is corrupted. Lots of ways to
do the same things, I beleive that my way is "a" way, not "the" way.
As someone else pointed out, you can use Linux to control the boot
process as well.
        I am hoping to convert from multi boot systems to using VMWare. Nothing like
running XP and Liunux as guest OS's under 2K...Great combo for
debugging software.  I am about done with my trial version, have to
find the money to buy the thing.

Lou