Hello Dierk,

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, at 19:23:27 [GMT +0200] (which was 1:23:27
PM in NY, USA) Dierk Haasis wrote:

> Hello James!

> On Sunday, September 29, 2002 at 6:52:34 PM you wrote:

>> Is this worth pursuing to anyone else?

> There is a difference in handling e-mail and news - XNews and Agent
> are both (AFAIK) off-line newsreaders. E-mails are usually
> transferred from the server to your machine to do the necessary work
> on them. With news you only load down those messages you are
> interested in; the Watch Thread feature therefore automates this for
> you.

I understand the differences between the applications.  However,
that is not the point nor does it prohibit mail clients from
achieving the same regardless of how messages are transferred or
stored.  Quick example...since I am involved in this thread, I'd
like every future reply to it or any threads spawned from it to
be highlighted automatically.  The purpose is to get right to
where I left off when I return later and having this thread
stand out amongst the rest.  Important to note, such a feature
should be able to toggle highlighting off for the thread as a
whole..none of this one message at a time nonsense.

Perhaps I was incorrect in my terminology, but I believe the
'Watch Thread' command I was referring to simply highlighted
future additions to the thread...not singling them out for
download against the rest.  But I was mistaken also about XNews.
 In XNews, I used 'scoring' to achieve similar organization.

James
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.stamp-co.com

The Bat! v.1.62/Beta1