Hello Marck,

Friday, October 25, 2002, 11:38:06 AM, you wrote:

>>>     I would like to set up TB on one PC to have two users. Each
>>>     user to have different email accounts and dialups.

>>>     On boring OE it was easy, I just added a new identity. It
>>>     *seems* very complicated on TB. Reference is made to a user
>>>     'logging on' but I can't find any way to make that happen.

MO>> Set up two accounts and make appropriate settings under "Account
MO>> | Properties | Network". If you want you can also password
MO>> protect both accounts. If you're paranoid you can set each
MO>> accounts priviligies under "Options | Network and
MO>> administration...".

MDP> ... then set up a third account called "Admin" which has no
MDP> transport settings nor very much else but does have a password. Log
MDP> into the Admin account and, under Networks and Administration, set
MDP> the other two accounts to be "User" accounts and the Admin account
MDP> to be an "Administrator" account. That is the final piece of the
MDP> puzzle to do exactly what you wanted.

Ok, if I understand it right, this is an option to have multiple TB!
user, using TB! from *one* WindowsXP user.

I think it would be useful to have multiple Windows users, each having
their own TB! setup. When I try this it seems to work when all Windows
user are of type "Computer administrator" but my kids have a "Limited
account" and when I try to start TB! from such an account I get the
error message "Failed to create working directory C:\Program Files\The
Bat!\MAIL\.

Any suggestion how to fix this without promoting the kids to "Computer
administrator"?

 Hans