Peter Palmreuther wrote...

>> I do have virus checkers on all my machines, but it's still surprising
>> to get one from a mailing list, where I have no control over who the
>> sender is.
>
>I'm sorry, I don't get it.
>In your daily e-mail you have control over 'who the sender is'??? *WOW*
>
>You're miles ahead of me, I get mails from random people, without the
>slightest hint who might be the next that hits my Inbox.

Sorry if I was not clear.

I know most of the people who are allowed to send mail to me,
especially files. I get files every day from clients with whom I have
a business arrangement. I have filtering rules that let these senders
and files into my computer. But a mailing list is more of an unknown,
since people are added to it silently all the time. My filtering rules
accept messages from mailing list members, but I don't expect the
mailing list to allow them to send files as well, let alone a virus.

--
John De Hoog
http://dehoog.org