Hello rick,

On or about Saturday, November 9, 2002, 6:26:04 AM, in a galaxy
far, far away, rick wrote:

r> I would recommend you to use Nod32.  It has the best results of any
r> product tested at virus bulletin. I use Nod32 in conjunction with
r> TheBat! and I have never had one virus problem.

I run The Bat! e-mail client so that I don't HAVE to run ANY
anti-virus BS.  Any anti-virus steals 12-20% of system resources
and slows down system performance.  I know ALL avenues of virus
propagation, and simply delete them on sight.  I can't understand
all this anal-retentiveness about stopping a virus from getting
into a mailbox that is IMMUNE to same!  I also have any known
means of "contamination" via a browser disabled as well.

UNFORTUNATELY my ISP now has STRONG anti-virus e-mail protection,
and I have not received ANYTHING viral in the last 3 months!  I
have had to establish a second external account just so that I
can continue to RECEIVE them to do research on virus matters!

In conclusion and _IMHO_, anyone running e-mail virus scanning on
Bat! mail is severely paranoid.  Either that, or they are
uninformed as to what virus-capable extensions are, in which case
they then may need it as a crutch.  Otherwise, why bother?  TB!
will give you more than adequate warning if you even attempt to
do something dangerous. If you ignore the warnings, you deserve
what you get ;-)  To me, it's like booby-trapping an H-bomb with
another H-bomb!

/soapbox

--
Warmest tropical wishes,
Spike

Get a PERMANENT 100MB capacity mailbox for ONLY
$29.95/year.  No more lost mail due to mailbox
capacity restrictions.  Access by POP3 or Webmail!
Earn a FREE mailbox with their referral program.
(HINT - You get $11.00 towards your mailbox for
each referral who signs up!)
Apply NOW at http://1110.runbox.com
Running The Bat! V1.60h on Windows 2000 Vers. 5 0
Build 2195 Service Pack 3