In  reply  to  Jim's  message 'Scanner and the Bat' on Sun, 8 Dec 2002
11:31:43 +0000 from [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

Jim,

JL> I  have  recently  bought  a Visioneer 8700 scanner with one touch
JL> e-mail  control.  Only  thing  is,  it  doesn't see the bat as the
JL> e-mail  client.  Not a major problem as there are workarounds, but
JL> it would be nice if possible. Any ideas?

Can  i  suggest...  You  throw the sucker into Photoshop first, and do
every  damn  thing  possible to get that scan as small and as quick to
download  as  possible... The more recent versions of Photoshop have a
fantastic  little  tool  for this called 'Save to Web' - its under the
file  menu,  just  below  the standard save options - use it, learn to
love  and  caress it, and give it a nice big hug when you are finished
with a nice bite (byte ;-) sized image.

I just say this all through frustration in receiving many a 'one touch
scan'  in  my  email  and having to wait considerable time for the 2mb
image to download through the trusty 'ol 28.8k.

But  I'm  sure an email such as this doesn't need to be sent to TBUDL,
because  no  bat user would do such a stupid thing in the first place,
so  I'll  just go off and hide my head for suggesting this email reply
in the first place :-)

--
dan.
e [EMAIL PROTECTED]