Hello Gerard,

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 13:03:19 +0100 GMT (08/12/02, 19:03 +0700 GMT),
Gerard wrote:

ACM>>> Have you set your inbox folder to be compressed on exit?
VBG>> No, I compress it often though.

> I really should se this to automatic on exit because all your mails pass
> through your inbox even if they are move to an other folder they will
> leave a copy in the inbox file.

Just my tuppence here: I don't compress on exit, because it took a
long time (on my old 400MHz machine) with my amount of accounts and
folders to be purged and compressed. I prefer to do it when I choose
to (almost every day, now saving 10-25MB each time), not when I am in
a hurry to shut down my computer and leave. But then, I'm a
control-freak and don't like to automate too much. ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a
nursery downstairs.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62 Christmas Edition
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM