In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Mike Alexander [MA] wrote:'

MA> A lot thanks. Up till now my filtering has always been haphazard
MA> i.e. examine the mail, if it's spam, make a filter, but what
MA> you've shown makes much more sense of course :)

Well, I was not only being organised. The order in which your
filters appear is critical in how your mail is filtered.

With each message, TB! will check for a matching filter starting
from the filters at the top and working downwards, checking one
filter after the other. As soon as a matching filter is found, the
filter actions are applied and the message is excluded from any
further filter matching.  This is why you can have a general filter
at the bottom of the filter list and yet, it doesn't catch all the
messages it can. This is because the messages have already been
matched and as a result excluded from further filtering by filters
further up the filter rules list.

With this said, you may wish multiple filters to be applied to the
same message, and the only way to do this is to enable the option,
'continue processing with other filters', for the filters which will
catch the message initially. Note that if the initial filter moves
the message to another folder, the 'continue processing with other
filters' option will no longer work since the message has been moved
from the inbox to another folder. Messages already matched will
continue to be processed, only if they remain in the inbox.

MA> And while I'm at it, on the subject of features:

MA> I bought the Bat. I tried it out for 25 days and then purchased
MA> (but I knew by about day 5 I would do so). The Editor takes a
MA> bit of getting used to,

Indeed. But I do think it's for good and not just a hassle. BTW, my
opinions aren't official. Though I'm a moderator, I have no
affiliation with Ritlabs. I'm a registered user as anyone else on
this list.

MA> but I was transferring from OE and if I wanted the "features" of
MA> OE I wouldn't have done so. In fact, I much prefer TB.

Agreed. :)

MA> The only annoying thing is when receiving mail from people who
MA> use OL/OE and use rich text/html. It doesn't bl**dy wrap!
MA> It's OK when I'm reading the mail, but when I try and reply I
MA> get 2 or 3 long lines and I have to keep scrolling across to
MA> read what I'm replying too.

Well, you can't really do much about that. If they send you messages
unwrapped then that's what you'll see on your screen though it
should window wrap while reading. The editor will show you the
formatting exactly as received. You therefore immediately see the
bad formatting and adjust it as needed.

Just move the cursor into each paragraph and hit Alt-L. This will
reflow them. You don't have to select the text block to use Alt-l.
You only need to have the cursor in the target paragraph, and yes,
Alt-L works beautifully on quoted text. It's one of the reasons why
I like TB!'s editor so much.

- --
  -=] allie_M [=-  {List Moderator}

MUA: TB! v1.62 Christmas Edition ___ OS: WinXP Pro (SP1)