Is there any way to have TB automatically expand *all* threads in a
folder each time TB is launched?  ie.  Never collapse threads
automatically.  Or a way to have it automatically expand threads
currently being read and collapse others?

Searching the menus and help file threads section I also can't find
any thread navigation commands (menu or keyboard).  Don't know why I
can't find a command to take me to the first unread message in the