Hello myob,

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, at 13:24:32 GMT +0000 (1/7/2003, 7:24 AM -0500 GMT
here), you wrote in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>  As far as I can tell, you can (and I do) download mail for
>  *@yahoo.co.uk into TB!, but not mail for *@yahoo.com.
>  Unfortunately, you cannot switch an address from one domain to the other.

>  But if I'm  wrong about the this, I'd be grateful for advice too.

Simply not true.  I have been considering to use Web2Pop on my old Yahoo
account. Since I now have the time and after reading your message, I
DL'd Web2Pop.exe and gave it a try. I had problems at first. Why?

Basically you have to be able to login SUCCESSFULLY from a web page 1st
before using Web2Pop. After I logged in successfully from a web page,
then Web2Pop worked flawlessly.

What I think happened is Yahoo changed the URL for the email login and
changed some of the login procedures. I tried numerous times to login by
using IE's favorite for Yahoo mail. I could never login successfully,
but I could get to my email by logging into My Groups 1st, then going to
email. I thought this was strange because I used the same password for
both my email and groups page. Why no error when entering groups versus
email? Anyhow as far as procedures go, I think Yahoo flags the email
account after an unsuccessful attempt, and requires verification with
another request for the password. If I'm correct, then this is what
probably messes up Web2Pop.

What I did is go to the http://www.yahoo.com/ main web page, and clicked
on the "Email" icon at the top right of the page. Once to the login page
I chose "secure" login, and save the URL to my favorites. I can login to
my Yahoo email successfully everytime, and use Web2Pop flawlessly on the
install into the 1st partition installed. I won't mention that I'm
having problems getting Web2Pop working on the 2nd partition installed.

Greg Strong
TB! v1.62 Beta/17 on Windows XP Service Pack 1