Geoff,

GL> On 06 February 2003, 10:42, Nick Dutton wrote:

>> Can anyone tell me how to make this work please?
GL> ~~~

GL> FWIW, I tried the following in the Immediate window of Excel 2000:

GL> ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recipients:="<email>", Subject:="Test Message"

GL> and it worked without problems.

GL> However, your comment that it works when Outlook is selected as the
GL> default mail client but not when TB is selected gives me a clue.
GL> Outlook and TB require different versions of the MAPI DLL to act as
GL> default simple MAPI handler and I suspect that, while you switched
GL> default client, you did not configure TB as the default simple MAPI
GL> handler. Outlook is brain dead and can't (IME) act as simple MAPI
GL> handler unless it is also the default mail client -- so simple MAPI
GL> has no valid handler on your system.

Hmmm, this sounds familiar.  I had some MAPI of problems while running TB!
in parallel with OL during my migration.

GL> Caveat: setting TB as your default MAPI handler may render Outlook
GL> unserviceable.

That's OK, I'm pure now.

GL> To set TB as your simple MAPI Handler:
GL> 1. From the Options menu, choose Preferences.
GL> 2. Click the Applications tab.
GL> 3. Click "Install The Bat! as the simple MAPI request hander"

Hmmm again.  I've done this and still no joy.  Is there anything that I
should be looking at to check that it's working OK?

Is there a test that I can perform from outside office?

Ta,

--
Nick

Using The Bat! v1.61 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600
Service Pack 1