Hi Kim,

Monday, February 17, 2003, 3:04:08 AM, you wrote:

K> I hesitate to uninstall Becky, as I have two years of old e-mail on it
K> (that I transferred from my old computer), although as a temporary
K> "test" so to speak, I suppose it couldn't hurt. I do have the original
K> installation files (I archive everything to CD).

The best thing for you to do if you're having problems like that is,
rather than uninstall Becky, just make TB the default. That's what I
did (I'd been using Outlook Express).  Then I just used TB instead of
OE. When I decided that I'd definitely purchase (didn't take long <g>)
I archived all the mails I wanted to keep, and just don't bother to
use OE.  When I change to XP (I'm using 2000 at the moment) I will try
and make sure OE doesn't get installed at all. Shouldn't be a problem
as I'm installing the Pro version.

Incidentally, with regards to the problem you mentioned - Windows
assumes you'll be using the MS products. When you more than one
competing mail client, it seems to roll back to the IE/OE clients
when there is a clash. No doubt this is due to a registry entry
somewhere. I've seen similar problems a number of times, but usually
only one copy of IE/OE gets launched.  ;-)

 Mike