Marck,

On 21-02-2003 16:01, you [M] wrote in
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
PF>> Yeah, much better as it has both Bayesian and blacklist lookup.

M> Blacklists are dangerous and don't work IMNSHO.

M> Anyone running a private mailserver on a dial-up has their IP listed
M> in the blacklists.

There are many different blacklists. Some are more aggressive than
others. I agree that they may hit some innocent people but with SpamPal
_you_ can decide what to do with the marked messages and you can
"whitelist" yourself.

With the amount of spam today I feel this is the only way to go.

M> Spammers seldom use the same route twice, preferring to use
M> non-blacklisted addresses.

Then people better make sure their SMTP server does accept connections
from just anyone.

--
<greeting> Best regards </greeting>
<author> Peter Fjelsten </author>