Hello Thomas,

Thanks for referring me to the Jaws scripts.  Unfortunately, I'm using
a different screen reader callde WindowEyes, however, the Jaws scripts
may give me a really good starting point for developing what Window
Eyes calls "set" files.  Like Jaws scripts, set files tell the screen
reader how to behave within an application, i.e. what to read, what to
ignore, what to say when certain graphics/colors present themselves,
etc...

Again, thanks.

TF> Hello Steve,

TF> On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:16:41 -0400 GMT (10/07/03, 05:16 +0700 GMT),
TF> Steve M. Sawczyn wrote:

>> I am subscribed to a number of mailing lists resulting in about 700
>> Emails daily.

TF> That's a lot!

>> I went under view/view threads by/references standard, but can not
>> tell if messages are actually grouped into threads. In Outlook,
>> threads, or conversations as they like to call them, are shown by a
>> little minus symbol to the left of the message listing. When the
>> thread is expanded, the minus changes to a plus. Anyway, with my
>> screen reader, I am not detecting any sort of symbol when I change
>> to the thread view.

TF> Are you using JAWS? There are some scripts that Thomas Boerrigter
TF> wrote for Jaws in combination with The Bat a few years ago. I haven't
TF> been on the German Jaws ML for a while, so I don't know whether it's
TF> been updated. Anyway, here is the download URL, based on Jaws 3.7 and
TF> The Bat! 1.53 (yeah, two years old):

TF> http://www.boerrigter.de/thebat.zip

TF> HTH.

 Steve                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]