Hello Marck,

MS>> What I will do next is creating a second mail account in the Bat
MS>> to see if that is working properly with APOP. I keep you
MS>> informed.
> Please do. I'd like to see what it's about...

I found out what was provoking that problem. Your tip with the
installed firewall made me think. I knew a firewall can't be the
problem. But I installed a virus scanner there that intereferes the
mail fetching for checking if inside of that stream there is a virus.
It is BitDefender 6.5 and was distributed in Germany by a famous magazine
(c't) with a one year free of updates. You can switch off the
interfering of that scanner. Then the APOP mail getting works
perfectly. When you switch it on again then it will fail. When the
e-mail-provider already checks for mails then this feature is not a
big security risk when you switch it off.

I checked on the website of BitDefender and found a newer version
(7.0), and there it seems that they fixed the problem. At least when I
use that scanner I can fetch the mails without any problems if I use
POP3 or APOP.

Poooh, thanks for helping me. And I hope you can add this in your FAQ
that noone blames the best E-Mail program of the world: The Bat! :)

 Martin