Bill-

BM> What we could use is for Stefan to call GetTimeZoneInformation and
BM> give us access to a %Standard or %Daylight macro.

...veering wildly off topic and expecting a trout...

Have you looked at the mess that API MS has created there?
GetTimeZoneInformation only returns information about the current
system time. In order to generalize about the offset for a given
location and time you first have to call the API to determine whether
or not DST is honored, then look up the offset if it is. Then, on your
own (no API calls available for this), you need to determine if the
date in question is within the DST period, and finally apply the
offset.

The other way around it would be to set your system time temporarily
to the date in question, call the API, and restore the system time.
I've actually seen code that uses this approach.

...we now return you to an appropriate TBUDL topic...

-Mark Wieder

 Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/7 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2