Marek> Hello all,
Marek> Friday, August 1, 2003, Razgo wrote:

>> when trying to fine tune my PC i was using a file monitor programme to
>> locate things that is using up cpu, and found that the bat! is
>> continually trying to open a file called "THEBAT.IPC" . the file
>> doesn't exist. should this file be there? and what is it?

Marek> AFAIK The Bat looks every 10 seconds for a file in its directory
Marek> called TheBat.IPC for external feeding of commands.

can that be explained more?  what external feeding of commands is it
looking for? should I have a file called "thebat.ipc??.  and can this
function be turned off? is it a needed function? i don't understand the
purpose of it.

thanks.