On Mon 4 August 2003, 8:54:47 +1000, Robin Anson wrote:
> On Fri 1 August 2003, 18:50:38 +1000, daniel hahler wrote:
AAG>>> trans2k DON'T see mail ticker as RUNNING application.
>>
>> Same applies to PowerMenu.. there is no window (aka system) menu for
>> the MailTicker and ''PowerMenu -transparency "MailTicker" 70'' does
>> not work for the same reason..
>>
AAG>>> I guess, that any thirdparty require some Application with standart
AAG>>> window. :((
>
> There is a program call Froost that will see it. That might help you.
> I don't have the URL to hand, so you'll have to search for it.

Further to my last comment, I have done some further web searching and
experimentation and discovered a few 3rd party apps that make windows
transparent:
   * Actual Transparent Windows ($19.95) -
     http://www.actualtools.com/transparentwindows/
   * Froost (freeware) -
     http://www.ishiboo.com/~nirva/Projects/froost/
   * Glass2K (beta v 0.9.2) (freeware) -
     http://www.chime.tv/products/glass2k.shtml
   * Powermenu (freeware) -
     http://www.veridicus.com/tummy/programming/powermenu/
   * Trans2K ($2.95) - http://www.545studios.com/products.php?id=11
   * Transparent Windows ($19.95) - http://www.nccsoft.net/
   * Transperizer v0.5 (freeware) -
     ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/winsite/win95/miscutil/transperizer.exe

Of these, I could make Actual Transparent Windows, Froost, Transparent
Windows and Transperizer recognise the Message Ticker. ATW, Froost and
Transperizer allow you to set different levels of transparency for
different windows. The Transparent Windows appears just to have a
single global level of transparency that is either on or off for
individual windows.

If you are prepared to pay $19.95, ATW appears to be the most stable
and functional application, and pretty reasonable value for money. Of
the freeware applications, Transperizer appears more stable, although
both are a bit clumsy to use.

Note that I could find both v0.4.4 and v0.5 of Transperizer on the
net. The homepage for it (http://win2k.davet.net) does not appear to
be available.

Robin

--
Robin Anson
Using The Bat! v1.62r on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600