Hi Craig,

on Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:41:30 -0500GMT (25.08.03, 16:41 +0200GMT here),
you wrote in mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] :

CW> I just registered The Bat! yesterday after only trying The Bat! for
CW> 2 days of the 30 day evaluation. I registered before evaluation was
CW> up to show support for your great product.

Welcome to the club. It was the same here, albeit ~2 years ago. :-)

CW> Now I find out a new version will be available in 6 days

I don't quite understand why they announced that. The current beta
doesn't feel ready for release to me...

CW> and I will be charged 50% of purchase price.

I don't think so. Keep cool for now. *s*

CW> IMHO - Anyone who has registered Version 1.62r in the last 2 months
CW> should get the upgrade for free and NOT a 50% discount. MOST
CW> shareware providers go longer than that before charging for a
CW> upgrade.

I'm sure the Ritlabs guys might be willing to consider this. :-)

OTOH, with 1.62r you have purchased a well functioning mail client that
you can use as long as you like.

My mother is using TB! 1.61i, I believe, and when I tell her about newer
versions, she waves me off, no thanks, this is working fine, please
don't change it... ;-)

Version 2 has been profoundly re-coded and it has additional features
like IMAP support and PGP/MIME, so I see it as a new product, based on
the previous.

--
Cheers
Peter

'Yield to temptation. It may not come your way again.'
Oscar Wilde

Winamp currently playing:  - silence -