Hello Alexander,

Sunday, September 7, 2003, 9:27:21 AM, you wrote:

>> Full price instead of 50% discount?

A> Its a "buy or die" update policy. Wonderful customer service, isn't it!

It's  no different to the way Microsoft, Lotus and many other software
companies  work.  Eventually  a new major version is released and work
stops  on  previous versions. Once the code base becomes too separated
there's  no  point  in  continuing both. The Linux 2.0 kernel has bugs
that no-one is going to fix because major versions have been released.
Also  it's  not  really  a  buy or die policy as 1.6x is an incredibly
powerful  mail  client  which most people could continue using. If you
want  the  features of V2 then you'll need to upgrade. When I think of
how  many  versions of Windows I've got through when many of them were
just  glorified  service  packs  Win95  to  Win95SE, Win98 to Win98Se,
Win98SE  to  WinMe. None of those upgrades were more than bugfixes yet
we were expected to pay for them.

I  used TB! for 4 years upgrading everytime a new version was released
and was never asked to pay a penny more than my original payment. Also
considering how powerful TB! and the cost of most software nowadays Iw
as thrilled to only be charged £20.

If  version2  is upgraded like V1 was I'll be a happy bunny for many a
year to come.

--
Jamie Dainton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Leaders of the world's richest nations meet in Cancun on September
10th 2003. Oxfam is presenting them with a petition to make trade
fair. Be sure your voice is heard. Sign the 'Big Noise' petition to
make trade fair at: http://www.maketradefair.com/go/join/?p=omf1