It seems that David Boggon said ...

D> Many end users don't know enough/have enough time/have the inclination
D> to delve into the plain text display settings of their client, and so
D> plain text messages with fixed width fonts and no bold & italics and
D> font sizes/colours look very plain indeed beside their HTML
D> counterparts.

If the goal is COMMUNICATION, plain text wins. If the goal is "making it
pretty", HTML wins. I receive a lot of HTML messages that look like ransom
notes. "If I have 557 fonts, then I'm going to use every one of them in
every message," the user seems to think, "and at least 7,000,000 of the
16.7 million available to me."

Yecch.

--
Bill Blinn Technology Editor ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - 9/9/2003 at 8:56 AM
Technology Editor, Newsradio 610 WTVN, Columbus, Ohio