Hello Gerard,

G> Anything can be used in a right and a wrong way. If you receive one
G> line e-mail from a friend saying they'll be over in an hour with
G> some animated background image of trees swaying, it has more to do
G> with your friend and your choice of friends then his email program.

Oh, I absolutely agree with you 100%..... Except, when an e-mail
client has HTML e-mail turned on by default, I can guarantee you 99%
of the end users will abuse HTML e-mail. That's a guarantee!!!

I should know, I manage the SMTP gateway and mail servers for nearly
5,000 people in a corporate environment which is based off Lotus Notes
which has HTML e-mail enabled by default. The end users don't know any
better.

It drives me completely insane how many people send little one liners
with big background pics, cutesy HTML fonts and colors. Things like
going away parties, retirement parties, birthday parties, furniture up
for grabs (they usually embed pics of this stuff) etc.. It just
doesn't quit.

--
Leif (TB list moderator and fellow end user).

Using The Bat! 2.00 under Windows 2000 5.0
Build 2195 Service Pack 3 on a Pentium 4 2GHz with 512MB