Hello Joseph,

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:49:14 -0500 GMT (22/09/2003, 21:49 +0700 GMT),
Joseph N. wrote:

> I don't know about others here, but for a week and a half I've been
> inundated with Swen.A messages, and there's no respite in sight.
> Trying to avoid changing e-mail addresses for newsgroups and mailing
> lists, I've been slogging through the messages and picking out the
> few good ones from the hundreds of bad ones.

This is how I deal with that plague:

I have a seperate address for PM, and that one does hardly get any
spam, and it hasn't received Swen (yet?).

The addresses for NGs and MLs are set to not download message over
50KB but delete them right on the server (Account / Properties / Mail
Management).

If you are on lists with large attachments, this won't work for you,
though.

> In that effort, it helps much when mailing list messages have a
> subject line that begins with [ML topic], such as [proxomitron],
> [timematters], etc.

If you are talking about positive identification for "good" mails, I
don't know how you could set TB to kill everything right on the server
that does *not* contain the trigger strings, so maybe you are using
incoming filters. You can easily filter on the Reply-To to identify
list messages, the same way you would filter on the subject.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

"The company made me a scapegoat, just like my three previous
employers."

under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 128MB RAM