On Tuesday, September 23, 2003, 2:18:58 AM, ken green wrote:

kg> I claim TB prefers descending (new mail at the top), because after
kg> clearing a Quick Filter (Alt + select: name, subject, etc.) by
kg> pressing Ctrl+=, the focus returns to the top of the list. Not a
kg> huge deal, but if that's your oldest message, there is an extra step
kg> to scroll down to the bottom.

kg> This is pretty minor - I can press the End key and quickly move to
kg> the bottom of the list. But I was wondering if this behavior
kg> bothered anyone else, or caused someone switch their sorting method.
kg> Heck, maybe I'm the only one who sorts with newest at the bottom!

No, you're not. I also sort by date/time of creation, & have the newest
emails at the bottom. After purging folders, the focus is placed on the
topmost email too. As you say, it's not a big deal to press End, though
it's more of a big deal if you have 40 new messages in the folder and
have to press End & then page-up to get to the earliest new message,
iyswim. Though in putting this into words, it has (finally) occurred to
me that I could use Ctrl-Alt-Right <G>

--
Deborah