Edgar wrote:
> I also have the messages sorted ascending and the only thing that I
> noticed was that if you read a mail, close the folder and open the
> folder later (and in the meantime messages were placed into the
> folder), the mail highlighted is not the bottom one (newest) but the
> one you read last. I would like that to be the last mail (newest).

That's funny.  I *LIKE* returning to the last message viewed.

I think we have uncovered (yet another) one of those issues that
developers must cringe upon reading... ;)

This seems like one of those issues that development either decides one
way or another arbitrarily, or provides the functionality for the user
to choose in Preferences.

Unfortunately, the latter very often requires a lot more time and effort
than end users can imagine....

--
 Ken Green
 TheBat! v1.62r, Win2000 SP4