Hello David,
SC>> I would like to be able to set it up so that the spam I receive
SC>> when I am reading email with The Bat! will be deleted from the
SC>> server after it is marked read in the Junk folder.

SC>>   I have tried using a filter, but have had no luck. Any ideas.

DB> Have you tried using a filter evoked from a hotkey that filters for a
DB> @ in the kludges from your junk mail folder? I haven't tried it, but
DB> can't see why this wouldn't work.

DB> What filter have you tried?

I just tried the following, which is what I think you were referring
to. It seems to work in other folders, but not with the junk folder.
It looks as if it loses track of the original account because it is a
common folder and therefore does not know what server to delete it
from.

I wonder if Bayesit can offer more flexibility in what it does when
junk mail is marked. It would be nice to delete it from server, but
leave it in the junk mail folder until it is confirmed that it is
indeed Junk.

BeginFilter
Name: Junk Mail Rule
Active: 1
Source: \\\$JUNK$
Target: \\\$JUNK$
CopyFolder: \\\\none
MainSet: 10@
Actions: faoManualOnly,faDelServer
AddGroups:
DelGroups:
ForwardTemplate:
ConfirmTemplate:
ReplyTemplate:
FwdAddr:
RedirectAddr:
NewAddr:
NewTemplate:
ExtCmd:
ExtFile:
ExtractDir:
ColourGroup: <default>
AddAddrItems: afiFrom,
DelAddrItems: afiFrom,
HotKey: 0
IsOfColour: <default>
SizeBigger: 0
SizeSmaller: 0
AgeOlder: 0
AgeNewer: 0
InAddrPos: 0
OutAddrPos: 0
InAddrGroups:
NoAddrGroups:
KillFile:
KillMethod: 0
SaveTemplate:
SndFile:
SysSound: 0
SoundTime: 0:00-0:00
AllowTime: 0:00-0:00
EndFilter

 Stuart                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v2.01.3 on Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A

---
Virus Database (VPS): 11/14/03
Tested on: 11/18/03 5:17:50 PM