On Tuesday, December 23, 2003, 8:49:51 AM, Daniel Rail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

DR> Hello jwayne,

DR> Tuesday, December 23, 2003, 8:20:44 AM, you wrote:

j>>>>>>> ... the Ctrl-shift-left arrow keeps everything highlighted and
j>>>>>>> puts the cursor at the beginning of the field.

DR>>> And, I observe that it is at the end. Am I missing something?

>> Yep. Try it again, comparing how it works in a message vs in a header.

DR> Sorry, I wasn't fully awake. I tried CTRL-SHIFT-Right. I just tried
DR> CTRL-SHIFT-Left and it works as it should, the cursor stays at the
DR> left of the selected block of characters, since you are selecting
DR> towards the left not the right. Notepad works the same way.
DR> If you're comparing with MS Word, the cursor stop blinking when
DR> performing the selection, so you can't tell where it is.

No, it _doesn't_ work as it should. There are basically two problems with the
implementation as is:

        1) Cursor position: Ctrl-Shift-Left should move the cursor word by word
to the left, not move immediately to the beginning of the text
        2) Selection: Ctrl-Shift-Left should unselect word by word.

Again, things work properly in the message text.

I'd put this down as an annoying long-time bug that needs to be fixed. But it
doesn't bother me nearly as much as another poster in this thread.

jon

--
 jwayne
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]