Mark Wieder wrote:
> I think it's a real testimony to the dedication folks have to TB that
> you were willing to go through all that to get it back. Glad you're
> running again.

I actually used this point in a critical way a little while back.  I was
talking about the effort people will go to just to edit the Subject line
with The Bat!  I was referring to that in frustration, (why should users
have to jump through hoops to get what they want?) ignoring the fact
that people *are* willing to jump through hoops for something they like.

Obviously, there is a balance here.. If enough minor annoyances pile up,
*and* other e-mail clients really improve their offerings, The Bat could
possibly lose a lot of its user base.  But I'm realizing (especially
with v2) that even with all the quirks and weird behavior, there just
isn't another e-mail client that comes close.

It's strange to see myself typing that after all the recent complaints
I've posted, but I feel like I really did give some other mail clients a
good test (may post a review online in the near future), and there were
a couple that I really WANTED to be better.  But they weren't.  No way.

I will continue to use The Bat and continue to participate in beta
testing.  I encourage others that are frustrated with The Bat and have
to opportunity to use it on more than one machine (to minimize risk) to
participate in beta testing.  New stuff is coming out and bugs *are*
being fixed.  Combined with an active, knowledgeable and helpful user
community makes me hopeful and excited about The Bat's future.

--
 Ken Green
 Using The Bat! v1.62r on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4