Bill Blinn Technology Editor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> @ 19-Feb-2004 8:37:00 AM
"Bat doesn't notice when hdd full" <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I haven't encountered this, but I wouldn't consider it a bug. It's up
> to the operating system and the operator to keep an eye on disk usage.
> Anytime the disk drive is more than about 95% full, you're likely to
> see some odd behavior by the operating system.
It is not up to each application to check whether the disk is full;
however, each application should GRACEFULLY handle not being able to
write/read to/from a file for some reason. The OS, on the other hand,
should inform you when you are low on disk space.

To continue the car metaphor:
You car tells you that it is running out of gas, but the radio doesn't
say "Hey! I can't work because your running out of gas." It just
doesn't work (if your battery is dead also...).

--
Chris - Nun mi Esperanton lernas.
Quoting when replying to this message is good for your karma.

Today's Oxymoron: Synthetic natural gas

Using The Bat! v2.02.3 CE on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1