Hi All,

After many years of pitching the Bat! I finally convinced a friend to
switch over to the Bat! (that makes a total of 5 happy converts!).
However he called me with a problem last night regarding registering
his copy of the Bat! that I couldn't help him with.

It's been years since I went through the registration process and
obviously forgot one of the steps.  The email he received clearly
shows the Bat! key and the Bat! key checksum but he's confused as
what the Key password is.  He was asked to define a password when
paying for registration, but entering that password didn't have the
desired effect.  Is there another password that he should have
received?

The only other thing I can think may be complicating this is that I
downloaded and set up the Bat! v. 1.62 on his machine and he bought a
license for v.2

As always, thank you for any suggestions and tips.

 Nick

p.s. Thanks to Mark W. for his help in explaining how to set up the
Bat! on a peer to peer network.  This was the step that made my friend
realize that the Bat! was the way to go.