On Wednesday, May 26, 2004, 18:19:52, Allie Martin wrote:

> I don't know if it's Microsoft that started it but it's certainly not
> only Microsoft e-mail clients that does this.

Actually, just putting the cursor at the top, is not such a bad thing (I
modified my TB templates to do this) - it's much easier for me to do
interleaved postings (quote - response - quote - response etc.) if I have
the cursor at the beginning of quotes. The bad thing that M$ did were two:

- their "Original message" header is clearly not intended to encourage
  interleaved or bottom-posting
- their programs put the signature before the quotes and the "Original
  message" text - and even if there is no signature, there are empty lines
  in front of "Original message" text.

--
< Jernej Simoncic ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >
< for personal mail, replace guest.arnes.si with isg.si >

The more ridiculous a belief system, the higher the probability of its success.
       -- Bartz's Law of Hokey Horsepuckery