Sorry for delay in replying. the weather was too nice to spend time in
front of the computer!
2.11.02 made no difference but eventually I traced it to a problem with
my firewall. If I turn it off then everything is fine. I don't quite
understand why version 2.10.03 works through the firewall and 2.11 and
subsequent do not. I can't find any useful messages in the firewall
log.
Does anyone know whether the way The Bat works for both IMAP and POP3
has changed in some subtle way for the 2.11 versions?

--
Cheers,
 Phil