Hello Allie,

A> Mm Meister, [MM] wrote:

MM>> Another user of The Bat! emailed to say the link I had sent them
MM>> did not appear as a link.

A> Would you send an example of the link you sent?

Here it is:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0890055602/104-7347640-0256713?v=glance

It shows to me as clickable and also to another friend who is using The Bat!

A> Did you send the message in HTML or plain text format?

This is possibly the crux. I sent the link yesterday when we were
going back and forth witht he various HTML/Plain Text changes, so I do
not know. Is there a way to find out?

MM>> So, I went into that pesky Options|Preferences|Editor/Viewer to
MM>> see if I had the wrong settings <again!> So, I clicked on the Help
MM>> button and received an error message stating:
MM>> --------------------------- Windows Help
MM>> --------------------------- The topic does not exist. Contact your
MM>> application vendor for an updated Help file. (129)
MM>> --------------------------- OK ---------------------------

A> I get that too. :/

MM>> Is it necessary for me to reinstall The Bat!?

A> Not at all.

MM>> If so, can I reinstall over the current installation without
MM>> losing data?

A> Yes, you can do this. This is the recommended method of upgrading etc.

OK, Allie, I'm now not sure why the help file is not working. If I
don't have to reinstall to correct the help file, then why would I
want to reinstall it? :O If I understand you correctly, I don't have to
reinstall, but if I reinstall, I can do it over the other version as I
have done in the past to save my breath and life.  8-))

--
 Thanks for RR,
 Maggie