Hello Thomas,

Sunday, June 27, 2004, 9:29:48 AM, you wrote:

Maggie>>   Sometimes a message arrives to the Unread folder and when I have
M>>   clicked on it and read it, it remains in the unread box,
M>>   boldfaced as if it had never been read.

T> I don't have an Unread Folder. Can you explain your set-up?

Oh, Thomas, I've forgotten! When I first upgraded to the Virtual
Folders version, (a brilliant innovation which idea I believe MAU had
at the same time) I immediately set up a virtual folder for Unread
Messages, thereby obviating the need for the Mail Ticker. Like another
poster here recently, I found MTicker to be a bit distracting, but I
really liked the idea of knowing when new mail came in other than by
seeing the flying bat icon - that, I love.

Anyway, under Folders, I think it was Create New Virtual folder, then
set Folder Specific Settings. Go to the Filter tab and check Auto
Refresh, and then, Use Fast Search, and then below that, Unread.

I also created a Virtual Folder for 'Flagged to Respond' which
collects any messages I flag which need a response (I want to 'be
sure' I can see those messages easily as I have a tendency to lose
track, but now the problem is that I forget to flag the messages! :) )

T> Anyway, did you check your "mark messages as read after ... seconds"
T> setting?

Yes. The original ebay message(s) showed as usual in the Inbox
normally as read, but not in the Virtual Folder Unread, and the flying
bat icon still flapped.

Thank you for your help. I hope my directions helped _you_!
--
Cheers, Maggie
 :Maggie: