Hi ken,

kg> I tried to clean up some IMAP folders: moved

kg> Boy, was that a mistake.

I've been there...

kg> My main IMAP account (THIS IS MY BUSINESS
kg> E-MAIL) is now somehow "stuck" - I am NOT
kg> receiving messages and the message count will
kg> not budge from 39  in the Total column.

This has happened to me several times. Its an interesting bug, because the unread
total remains up to date, but it refuses to retrieve those messages. It knows they are
there...

kg> My Inbox shows 1  in the Unread column -
kg> and that message does not show up.  I cannot
kg> get to it through The Bat.

My unread total kept climbing, and I had to use webmail to read them. Finally, I
created a new account, and deleted the old. This was the only way I could get back up
and running. I don't even think about filtering incoming mail, because doing so causes
this problem for sure. It got to the point where I was creating a new account about
once a day. Ridiculous.

kg> Does anyone have any ideas?  This is crazy.  I
kg> have purposely tried not to tax TB with
kg> anything fancy RE: IMAP (no filtering, etc.)

The latest beta seems to be (only just a bit) more stable. Although, I stopped using
filters about the same time I installed that, so maybe not. I don't know.

They have GOT to get IMAP going soon. I sure wish there were more people complaining
about it. I can only conclude either 1) not many on this list use IMAP, and therefor
aren't clamoring for improvements, or 2) others haven't experienced these problems to
the same extent. I would love to know which...

Anyway, good luck.
--
Chris
Using The Bat! v2.12 Beta/1 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build  2195