Hello Thomas,

Sunday, July 11, 2004, 10:49:31 AM, you wrote:

T> Hello mm,

T> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 10:24:21 -0400 GMT (11/07/2004, 21:24 +0700 GMT),
T> mm Meister wrote:

mM>>   I have a periodically occurring problem which I *think* happens when
mM>>   receiving a certain type of spam. It only takes one of these spams
mM>>   to affect all of the legitimate messages in the *unread* folder. The
mM>>   messages in the *unread* folder will not show as having been read,
mM>>   and if I click on each boldfaced message title the message pane
mM>>   shows 'no message loaded'.

T> It looks like the GUI has not been refreshed when those messages were
T> read. They are no longer linked to the virtual folder, as they do not
T> fulfill the filter condition any more, but they show in the message
T> list, unlinked. I don't know whether there is a keyboard shortcut for
T> refresh, otherwise close the folder and open it again. The deleted
T> messages should now be gone.

OK. Yes. I did the close and reopen. I did everything I could! Only
the Select all, then Mark as Read seems to work. BTW, this does not
occur with all spams, only certain ones. As soon as I receive another
one (and to be sure, I will!) I will let you all know.

Thanks Thomas!

--
Cheers,
 :Maggie: