Hello Allie,

Sunday, July 11, 2004, 4:52:00 PM, you wrote:

A> Maggie, [M] wrote:

>> I have a periodically occurring problem which I *think* happens when
>> receiving a certain type of spam. It only takes one of these spams
>> to affect all of the legitimate messages in the *unread* folder. The
>> messages in the *unread* folder will not show as having been read,

A> I know I haven't said much on this on TBUDL. However, some members on
A> TBBETA have voiced their understandable dissatisfaction with how
A> the subjects for new message queries are being worded. They're often
A> too vague or inadequate. As a result, it's difficult for the passing
A> reader to tell without actually reading the message, what the query is
A> about.

You know Allie, I thought about this subject line before naming it
such and since the problem lies with the *unread* folder, that's what
I named it in the subject line. Paul and Thomas didn't seem to have
any problem with the subject line as they gave very plausible
solutions to my problem. Others on the list seem to have as much
intelligence as those two, therefore, I do not accept your trout!

A> The problem with subject formulation also occurs when changing the
A> subject of discussion in an already established thread. Ideally the
A> subject should be changed to reflect the new flavour of the discussion
A> and if the subject matter is completely unrelated to the original,
A> then a new thread should be started.

This second paragraph does seem to apply to this particular case since
I initiated the thread (obviously with an unacceptable subject line).

A> So here goes the :trout: ... Yikes!!

:snippety snip:

--

 Maggie