s> CC is my reference to the "Connection Centre activity" that goes on
s> in TB.  I envision this is a background task (consisting of
s> multiple processes) that is checking periodically for when it is
s> time to check for emails in the various accounts the user has
s> defined.  When this background task detects it is the appropriate
s> time to "get" the emails, it causes the Connection Centre to
s> display its windows and display (the) actual connection(s) and
s> transfer(s) of emails for specific account(s). Once having
s> downloaded the emails, this background task shuts the Connection
s> Centre display window and loops while periodically checking for the
s> next time to perform its functions. Thus, my wish would be to
s> "halt" this background task from executing and then, at a later
s> time, be able to "restart" this background task again.  It would
s> sort of be like ... starting and stopping process daemons on a *nix
s> system, but I have no idea what the intricacies would be involved
s> using Delphi.

I'm not really sure what you want to do, but are you wanting to check
mail, say, every 5 minutes during business hours, but not at all
during non-business hours?

If so, you can try the Scheduler function in Tools | Scheduler.
Personally, I couldn't get it to work reliably, but hopefully you'll
have better luck.  To use it:

1.  Uncheck "Periodical checking each" in Account | Properties... |
2.  Then, go to Tools | Scheduler
3.  Right click on Repeating Tasks and select "New"
4.  Configure the parameters as needed

There is some information in the help file under the heading "Using
the Scheduler".

If Scheduler solves your problem, let us know.  I think several users
would like this function if they could get it to work.  Good luck.

--
Code 2  :canadaflag:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Bat! version 2.12.00 on Windows XP Service Pack 1