On Thursday, August 26, 2004 it appears that Alexander S. Kunz
wrote the following in regards to "BayeIT Macros":

>> So, tonight I have 376 msgs in my junk folder. I marked none of them as
>> junk, i.e. they were all junked automatically -- presumably by BayesIT.
>> So here are my stats

ASK> Those 376 junk mails are a "total", correct?

Hi Alexander.

  yes. However, at this point I have 651.

ASK> I mean...

>> Spam Stats, last 24 hours (BayesIt! 0.5.11)

ASK> ... :-)

>> Anyone have any ideas beyond the notion that the macros don't work. Or
>> put it another way, has anyone found that the macros do work & represent
>> some real numbers?

ASK> Try replacing the "(24)" hours in the macro call with a number large enough
ASK> to give a "totals" value maybe?

  Changed to 48 hrs.

  Stats:

Spam Stats, last 48 hours (BayesIt! 0.5.11)
Total Spam Emails: 69
Total Clean Emails: 286
BayesIT guessed right 99.478261% of the time
My email is 19.43662% spam

  Then for kicks I selected all msgs in junk file <651> and marked
  them as junk manually. BayesIT went thru training. Stats below. So
  I'll have to go with my conclusion until someone comes up with a
  definitive answer about BayesIT stats.

Spam Stats, last 48 hours (BayesIt! 0.5.11)
Total Spam Emails: 70
Total Clean Emails: 288
BayesIT guessed right 99.471429% of the time
My email is 19.553073% spam

  Thanks,

--
Jan Rifkinson