Graham Dodd wrote on 01 September 2004 11:13:

> Anyone got any other suggestions for mail clients ?

I joined this list because I saw the announcement and thought - perhaps they
fixed the smart word wrapping/justification issues within the Micro Ed text
editor and also fixed some of the other issues that put me off using version
1.x so many years ago.  I downloaded and thought the new interface looked
quite good, but still pretty clumsy.  It is an improvement, however - at
least to me.  Whilst the word wrapping problem still persists, the overall
interface improvements since 1.x and a few other bits and bobs almost made
me reach for my credit card.  What stopped me?  The flipping thing doesn't
pick up mail at all from my cPanel POP3 server, but it does from my MDaemon
box.  I've tried regular and both STARTTLS and SSL connections but the POP3
connection always fails.  I've tried it on two different workstations now
and it still doesn't work.  Thus I've confined TheBat! to the bin.

These days I use a combination of Outlook 2003 (eeew I know - but somewhat
more managable with the Outlook Quotefix program) and Barca and/or PocoMail
(http://www.pocosystems.com).  It's well supported and works well (IMHO).

Regards,

        Martyn