Lynn wrote:

M3> The best suggestion that I have heard is stay with
M3> 2.12. It works well enough for me (but I don't need
M3> IMAP ... which was promised for 2 ... wasn't it? :-/ )

And has it improved with v3?

I've tried at least 3 other IMAP clients which are
supposed to be excellent, but if that's the case, I figure
IMAP has a high vacuum rating ... I would hope TB could do
better :-(

I've decided I'm not even going to spend my money or time to find out if IMAP is any better on V3. I purchased the V2 upgrade a year ago for the promised fully-functioning IMAP support. Initially IMAP was quite unusable and I had to resort to other clients. Eventually I returned to TB when IMAP became somewhat usable. However, one year later with version 2.12, IMAP performance is unsatisfactory.

Several times a day I get a parade of exception errors and have to kill TB from the task manager. Several times a day TB closes of it's own accord. When I reopen after either of these events, there are two copies of every message in every folder. I have to close and reopen TB to rectify that.

There are numerous other annoyances and performance problems with IMAP. I had stuck it out thinking that surely the bugs would be worked out and v2 would prove eventually to be a stable IMAP client. However it never did. I've paid Ritlabs once for a functional IMAP client and never received it. I'm not going to pay again just on the hope that maybe someday it will be a good IMAP client.

I'll stay subscribed to the lists and will keep watching TB. Maybe after some time I'll give v3 a try and see if has become an acceptable IMAP client, but for the time being I'm evaluating alternatives.

--
Dave