Hello Mary,

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 03:55:51 -0500 GMT (12/10/2004, 15:55 +0700 GMT),
Mary Bull wrote:

MB> That said, we haven't seen a test yet of an upgrade from a v. 2.12.00
MB> to a v. 3.0.1

I upgraded from 2.12.02 to 3.0.1 RC5. Does that count?

MB> My filters all converted perfectly from the Old Filter System to the
MB> New Filter System when I overwrote v. 2.12.00 with v. 3.0.

I had no problems either.

MB> People with complicated Regular Expressions and sub-filters did not
MB> always experience such a smooth conversion.

There were no sub-filters in 2.x, and I have some filters using RegEx,
and they converted perfectly.

MB> I do believe it will still be important before doing an overwriting
MB> installation to delete the .srb files in the directory, The
MB> Bat!/Account. NOT the .srx files--that's a very important caution.

NO! You got it wrong. *If* there are any .srx files (which a
non-beta-tester won't have), those are the ones to delete. The .srb
files are the filters in v2.x. If you delete them, they are gone.

If in doubt, just rename, don't delete. ;-)

MB> Once 3.0.1 is installed, new filters created will--always of course
MB> with the caveat YMMV--work correctly.

Filters are critical for me. If they hadn't been converted correctly,
I would have reverted to my backed-up 2.x. It was not necessary, and
the glitches at the first beta versions seem to have been fixed
throughout. I think it is important that filters are converted
correctly, so I tested it especially, and there are _no_ problems on
my system. :-)

MB> Save your v. 2.12.00 zip so that you can roll back.

Also save your registry key. You won't be able to roll back otherwise.

@Mods: Even this thread has turned to be about the current beta
series, I found it important to voice my confidence in the upcoming
release. Let me add that like Mary, I don't use IMAP or any plugins
(except for MyGate), so I can't comment on that.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Wer wagt gewinnt, aus 1000,- DM werden in nur 4-6 Wochen 7,- DM. *

Message reply created with The Bat! 3.0.1 RC7
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A