Hello, everyone!

I have noticed that some members of TBUDL are using SpamPal
(http://www.spampal.org/) with The Bat!.

Because SpamPal is probably only tangentially related to the
main topics of TBUDL, I would like to ask anyone using SpamPal
if they are satisfied with the results and if you had/have any
recurring problems in using SpamPal with The Bat!.

Please feel free to send me a personal message, if you feel that
your reply borders on being off-topic, or would not be of general
benefit to fellow list members.

Finally, I am also researching Tech-Pro Mail Server, which is
not free and is based primarily upon blacklists and whitelists:

- http://www.tech-pro.net/tpms.html

I am about to reinstall Windows XP Professional and will be
installing Norton SystemWorks Premium 2005, which comes with
Norton AntiVirus 2005, so I do not need another anti-virus
program, nor can I afford the expense.

Tech-Pro Mail Server automatically integrates with F-Prot
Antivirus for DOS, although I am running Windows. The screen
shots on the Tech-Pro Mail Server Web page, however, mention
the integration with F-Prot Antivirus for DOS and show screen
shots of Windows XP. (Odd!)

Thank you very much, in advance, for your comments and help!

Cordially,

David

P.S. -- I am paying an annual subscription to use the MyCYM.com
(http://www.mycym.com/), AKA, ChooseYourMail, by MailPort25, Inc.
The service uses white- and blacklisting, which is not the ideal
anti-spam solution, but the method is very effective. (There are
problems with having to remember to add addresses to one's white-
list, and the time-consuming process of deleting/reporting spam
in one's unverified e-mail folder. Plus, support is basically
nonexistent.) In addition, I doubt that MailPort25 does anything
about reported spam, except to add the senders' addresses to one's
blacklist.
--
"Five out of four people don't understand fractions."

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

________________________________________________ Current version is 3.0.1.33 | 'Using TBUDL' information: http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html