Gerard-

Thursday, September 30, 2004, 4:12:29 AM, you wrote:

G> There is one, for me at least, compelling reason to have this as an
G> account setting. I use one of my accounts on my iPAQ. One of the things I
G> do is send a mail with a specific subject, that creates an autoreply. I do
G> this so I can see if TB! is still up and running. Obviously I do not want
G> to have it delivered locally, because then it would not reach my ISP mail
G> server were I would collect it with my iPAQ.

This is about the only scenario I can think of where it might actually
make sense to have local delivery controlled at an account level.
Nonetheless, local delivery is, and should remain, a system-wide
setting. About the best you might hope for is a macro to disable this
for a single message.

There's a simple way to ensure that your test messages go out to your
ISP even with local delivery turned on: send the message to an address
outside your local system and put your iPAQ address on the CC line. I
do this all the time for testing. If you don't have an outside address
to test with then set one up with one of the free webmail providers.

--
-Mark Wieder
 Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/7 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4