Hello Lynn!

On Tuesday, October 05, 2004, 11:07 PM, you wrote:

MB>> I don't want to do this. But aren't the settings in
MB>> Folder/Properties/Keep messages in the base for ( ) days and
MB>> Folder/Properties/On exit remove old messages
MB>> the settings you are looking for?

L> Well, no, because sometimes I don't need something like
L> that for weeks, or days at least ...

L> It would be kind of nice to be able to right click on the
L> folder and just do 'delete unread messages' ... I suspect
L> the reason we don't have one is that it's really kind of
L> counter-intuitive ... it's not really obvious that someone
L> might want to dump just the *unread* messages.

Do you know how to write a feature request at Bugtracker's Wish List?

If you wrote one and posted the URL here (probably you should
cross-post to tbbeta, too) I would put a note to support it.

Once or twice in the past I dumped an entire folder by moving its
contents to Trash and then deleting the folder and emptying the Trash.
But that was in an effort to straighten out a corrupted jumpy folder
and I had already copied all the messages to the new folder I had set
up to contain them.

I keep my own archive here of absolutely everything that I download
from the mailing lists, except the tbbeta automatic acknowledgments
that my posts have been received. (Set that up long ago when I was
worried they had not been, one time.)

So, I don't need the feature. But I'd be willing to support it for
your needs.

Mary
:Trill:
The Bat! 3.0.1 RC4 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2