This is a dead annoying problem:

My column settings in the message list window won't stay how I set them.

Inboxes from which I've banished the TO field have it return and
instead the FROM field disappears; an account in which a few folders
are threaded also threads the TRASH folder and INBOX which have not
been set to thread; folders that have been customised return to
default column settings.

I have tried several times going through all my folders and resetting
the columns the way I want them, but the problem reoccurs. I've also
tried using the 'copy column settings to' feature with unpredictable
results.

This problem has been around since V2.11, from memory, and hasn't
resolved with the new versions.

Is there likely to be a corrupted file or a 'create random column
settings at startup' checkbox that I've missed somewhere in prefs?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
--

David

[EMAIL PROTECTED]