Hello TBUDLers,

I am trying to do a specific backup and restore using a batch file, so
that I can transfer my current TB over to my new computer. Tony Boom
has very kindly given me instructions to do so, using Winrar as my zip
program. The only problem I can see is that my TB folder is called
"TheBat2.0" for some reason (as opposed to "The Bat!"), even though it
is the latest release. All new releases were installed into that
folder and the name never changed. I cannot change the name of the
folder (believe me, I tried).

My question is, what wording, if any, do I need to change in the
following file:

---------------

@Echo off

Path C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe

Echo  ************************************************
Echo  * !!  Backing up The Bat registry entries   !! *
Echo  ************************************************
Echo .

if exist TBbckup1.reg del TBbckup2.reg

if exist TBbckup1.reg rename TBbckup1.reg TBbckup2.reg
start /w regedit /e TBbckup1.reg "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT\The Bat!"
echo.
if not exist TBbckup1.reg echo Error!  Something went wrong.  Backup not
echo successful.
if exist TBbckup1.reg echo Success! Your registry entries for The Bat! are
echo backed up!

Echo       **************************************************
Echo       * !! Creating RAR Archive of The Bat Directory!! *
Echo       **************************************************
Echo .

if exist "C:\email\TBBackup.rar" del "C:\email\TBBackup.rar"

C:\Progra~1\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe a -u -as "C:\email\TBBackup.rar" "C:\Program
Files\The Bat!"

---------------

I hope I have explained this properly. I have absolutely no experience
with batch files or this type of procedure, so please make your
response suitable for a simpleton like me. :-) Any help any of you can
provide would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

--
Best wishes,
Pat

A Canadian in Houston
Using The Bat! v3.0.1.33 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1