Hello Dwight,

>> IMAP: Occasionally tasks will never finish. Sometimes they are
>> "benign", that is, their hanging at least doesn't block anything,
>> sometimes some or all folders can't be displayed any more (message
>> list empty)
> Have encountered this occasionally. Not really a show stopper to me.

It forces a restart of TheBat. If this happens frequently it is a
real bother, especially since TheBat doesn't notify you that it has
just locked up, naturally. If you don't check it yourself every ten
minutes you can never be sure that it is indeed still working and
alerting you about incoming mail.

>> IMAP: Folders duplicate. In v3-versions I've just been seeing
>> "Trash.1" (sometimes it is deletable, sometimes it isn't), in v4
>> other folders duplicate with the exact same name (Outlook created a
>> folder named "Junk", TheBat copied it four times already (deletable)
> Have not encountered this in a very long time.

Happened to me this morning.

>> IMAP: Unable to manage folders. Right-click on folder: "Mark as read"
>> and "Empty" are greyed out. Switch back and forth between this and
>> other folders, eventually the options will be available.
> Not seeing this today, never seen it before.  Mark as read not
> available when folder is empty.

I installed v4 on Friday afternoon and have been seeing it back then
already, though I didn't pay much attention to it. Today I had to,
because it occured regularily: Messages were displayed in msg list
window, yet neither "Mark as read" nor "Empty" on the folder were
available.

>> IMAP: Folder shows now messages (in message list), but still count is
>> non zero. Select "Mark all read" (folder right-click context menu),
>> usually the count will zero.
> I guess you mean 'no messages.'

Of course, sorry.

> This is the most pervasive flaw in TB! IMAP

Ironically, this is the one from the pack I could rather live with. ;-)

>> Mail check: Check will cease after some time, new messages will no
>> longer be announced nor displayed, even on manual folder change.
>> Restart required to get it working again. (Observed with last v3
>> release, not yet with v4)
> Long time since I was running version 3, so no comment. History now
> anyway.

Indeed, with v4 it hasn't occured here yet, either.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Alto Speckhardt