Marten Gallagher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > Dear Harvey,
>
> > @26-Feb-2008, 17:41 Harvey [H] in
> > mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>
> > ... <snip>
> H>> (I also changed ISP providers). I am able to send but not receive. I get
the
> H>> following error:
> > ... <snip>
> H>> !2/24/2008, 11:13:52: FETCH - Server reports error. The response is: -ERR
> H>> Unknown user or incorrect password
>
> > This can mean only one thing. Exactly what it says. Either you are
> > specifying the wrong user name for this POP3 account or you are using
> > an incorrect password. And it makes perfect sense that, in such a
> > case, you would be able to send but not receive.
>
> And while you are at it - check that the POP3 server you are connecting to
is typed correctly. That can give the
> same error I have found.
>
> Common errors (aprt from just getting things plain wrong) are a space at
beginning or end of
> server/username/password - or indeed in the middle of course. Commas instead
of fullstops (points). l
> for 1, o for 0, _ for -, q  or g for 9, etc.

OK this is strange I dropped the qualifer and everything works like a
charm...However with DreamMail and Outlook I need the fully qualified
name.....Any ideas why?

Thanx for the help....

And think of the hours I spend checking & re-checking and then checking things
again......Arrrggggggghhhhhh!

Harvey