For those who have been following this thread, in a post that I just sent, I
concluded that where two users are involved, the best synchronization solution
appeared to me to be that I should allow mail to remain on the server for a
period of time, perform separate downloads on each computer, and BCC to myself
every piece of outgoing mail.

Unfortunately, I have just discovered that while this works for the servers on
which I have non-gmail accounts, this is not working with my g-mail accounts.
Even though I have set account properties in The Bat on BOTH computers to leave
mail on the server for 14 days, the first computer to download from the gmail
server, is the one that gets the mail since the last download by either of the
two computers. The second computer to download will only pick up newer mail,
and not the mail downloaded by the first computer. I checked my gmail settings
and discovered that I have IMAP enabled for each of my g-mail accounts and
nothing is checked in the POP download section of the settings area.  Since I
only keep listserv mail in gmail, I never want that mail deleted from the gmail
servers.  So, how should I configure those settings so that The Bat will be
able to download the mail to both computers?

--
Avram Sacks
Using The Bat ver. 4.0.18 on XP Pro sp2